Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Charity Shops Galore


Do you, like me, have an obsession with checking out every charity shop you come across. You never know what amazing items of delight you may discover therein - just waiting for you to come along and claim them. They are like little treasure troves of the precious and the ridiculous, plus a huge amount of, frankly, tat. No other word for it. It never ceases to amaze me what utter rubbish people buy in the first place. You need to be of a discerning nature to shop charity.


My obsession is books. I have bought some of my most beloved books from these emporiums. Often they will be something I have had on my wish list for ages but sadly out of print and then, lo and behold, there they are. I bought a lovely little chunky book called "Decades of Fashion" yesterday for just a couple of pounds. It is full of great vintage fashion pictures which have inspired me to do some drawings of vintage ladies. I especially love those cloche hats. They are incredibly flattering. I wish they were still in fashion now. Here are some samples of the outfits.
click on the pix for an enlarged version


No comments: